Put those unused funds to use and earn a better rate of return with a Certificate of Deposit.
- Fixed interest rates
- Variety of terms
- Interest can be added to the Certificate, paid by check, or deposited into another account
- Low minimum balance to open*
- Penalty for early withdrawal may apply
- Interest compounded quarterly
Security and comfort comes from knowing the exact return your investments will yield. If you like fixed interest rates with a variety of terms, a Community Bank CBD Certificate of Deposit (CD) could be perfect for you. Our CDs have terms from as short as three months to as long as 60 months.
CDs typically pay a higher return rate than your checking, savings and Money Market accounts. If you redeem a CD before its maturity date, you may have to pay an early-withdrawal penalty and could receive less than your initial investment.
Click here to see our Current CD Rates!
Visit or call a Community Bank CBD Personal Banker today to determine which CD plan is a good investment for your needs. To help you decide which CD will best meet your needs, take our One-Minute Certificate of Deposit Test.
No Limit CD’s through CDARS
When working directly with Community Bank CBD you no longer need to manage relationships at multiple banks. No need to track various interest rates, organize interest disbursements from various sources, or manually consolidate monthly statements. You earn one rate per maturity and receive a single statement with all your CDARS account information – plus, you’ll receive only one year-end tax form!
- Keeping Your Investment Local
Your money can help support local lending opportunities.2
- CD-Level Rates
Invested money earns CD-level returns which may compare favorably with other investments such as Treasuries, corporate sweep accounts, or money market mutual funds.
Confidential account information remains protected.
How does CDARS work?
Everything is handled through our bank. Your large deposit is broken into smaller amounts and placed with other banks that are members of the CDARS Network. Then, those banks issue CDs in amounts under the standard FDIC insurance maximum, so that your investment is eligible for FDIC protection. By working directly with just one bank – our bank – you can receive insurance through many.
- Maturities range from 4 weeks to 3 years
- $25,000 minimum initial deposit for 4 week term; $10,000 minimum initial deposit for all other terms
- The rate of interest varies depending on the length of the term
- Interest is compounded at maturity for 4 week and 13 week terms; interest is compounded quarterly for all other terms
- Substantial penalty for early withdrawal
Ask us about how CDARS can work for you the next time you visit one of our branches for more information.